1

May 24, 2011

Chalkboard Spice Jars


Chalkboard Spice Jars!

So do you guys remember the Custom Spice Rack Re-Do I did last week??  You can access that project by clicking HERE.  Well, I didn't like how PERFECT the labels looked on my spice jars after I made the rack look distressed......see below.





So I decided to give the JARS a different look TOO!  With Chalkboard Paint!

Check IT OUT!


( Buy your own chalkboard paint by clicking HERE!)

PLUS....I can buy more jars for spices that are EXACTLY like these at our local grocery store for cheap.  Then I can put what I USE the most on the rack...and the rest in the cupboard.

So I took the lids off of the jars and removed the labels. (making sure to note what was what...:)

The lids were shiny glossy plastic so I sanded them down a little so the paint had something to stick to.


Then I added a quick coat of paint to the top and sides of all the lids.....


Let them dry REALLY good and then I wrote in Chalk - - What each spice was!

CHECK OUT THE NEW LOOK!


I LOOOOVE how it turned out and think the look matches the distressed rack SO much better now!

So what LOOK do YOU like better??  What do you think?

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR COMING BY MY BLOG TODAY!  I LOVE LOVE LOVE YOUR COMMENTS AND WOULD WELCOME YOU TO BECOME A FOLLOWER BY CLICKING IN THE SIDE BAR!  THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL YOU DO!

~Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment