I really am not sure what it WAS, but NOW it's a Candle Cabana!)
So the same day my mom and I went out 'junking' (I talked about this in a previous post...click here for the story) we also got this! Not sure what it was...maybe a bird feeder or something but it had HUGE potential so I grabbed it.
I always thought we might fight over wanting the same thing, but that has never happened!
It was UGLY...
craft moss (I had envisioned a moss roof), my hot glue gun and a can of craft spray paint I had in the garage. I grabbed the Elmer's glue too thinking I might use that...wasn't sure about what glue would work best.
Painted it....two coats drying inbetween.
Then started attaching the moss. I actually cut a hole in the top and fit it over the center piece on top and then worked on gluing it in place. Trimmed off the excess moss and it was pretty much done!
Painted a quick detail line on the bottom...it was too plain, and then it was done!
votive candle with it's holder in it...and it didn't FIT through the opening! I was soooo mad, but a little tea light cup fit perfect so I regained my composure. :)
I'd like to send a HUGE --- Thank you to Truly Lovely with the Laney Sisters!
My project Tool Box Upcycle was featured on their blog!
Make sure to stop by and check them out.....