1

April 18, 2011

Peppered Turkey Dips on Focaccia Bread

 
Can you say...... E....A....S...Y!
It will seem that quick that you have completed your amazing Peppered Turkey Dips on Focaccia Bread!  I'm not kidding either!  Try it out!  More of an idea than a recipe...and it will make you look good!  It's a HEALTHIER version of a 'French Dip'!

Welcome to my blog and welcome back if you are a returning visitor!  I'd LOVE if you would stay awhile and click on 'follow' to become a follower!

Remember:  Recipes Posted Daily....so hopefully we will see you tomorrow!

So tonight I need to make a meal that will 'save' for my husband while 'we' eat dinner because he is at class tonight.  Plus, I was hoping for something SUPER quick so we could make it to the park after dinner before the sun sets!  What do I have in store today?? Peppered Turkey Dips on Focaccia Bread! 

Note:  This is seriously....a 10 minute meal recipe INCLUDING cook time!
 
Nutritional Info Per ServingONLY ABOUT 400 CALORIES!!!
Preparation Time: About 5 minutes
Cook Time:  About 5 minutes
Number of Servings: 4
                                                                                     

Sandwich:
1  -  Loaf Focaccia Bread (11x7 approx size)
1/2 - pound of Peppered Turkey Breast (you can use regular if you want)
Pam cooking spray

Note:  If you added Swiss Cheese to the recipe it would taste delicious, we just choose not to add cheese to keep it low fat and a healthier choice.

Au Jus Gravy: 
3 -  cups water
4 teaspoons beef bouillon (equal to 4 cubes) 
1 teaspoon soy sauce
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
salt and pepper 
(or.....you could use  1 - package Au Jus gravy mix (makes 3 cups) instead if you want it super quick!)


Preheat oven to Broil





Cut Focaccia bread in half length wise like a sandwich, place on a cooking sheet and spray lightly on both sides with Pam cooking spray.  (I'm using peppercorn Focaccia bread because it was on sale)

Place in oven on broil for 3-5 minutes.....watch it closely!  You only want to lightly toast!
Note: My family has a running joke that when they hear the smoke alarm they all yell, "Dinner's Ready!"  Very funny....but it's because I burn the bread...A LOT!

 


Meanwhile, add your water, beef bouillon, soy sauce and garlic powder into a medium size pot and bring to a boil.  Salt and pepper to taste.




Remove your bread from the oven and place your peppered turkey on the bottom half of the bread loaf.

Put it back in the oven for about 5 minutes just to warm the turkey. 
















Cut into fourths and pour your Au Jus gravy into little dipping cups. 

Note: I cut each serving in half again before serving.










Would you believe me if I told you that YOUR DONE!  POOF! MAGIC!  Now you can feed your family a healthier meal that E...A...S...Y!



I tossed a quick Caesar Salad together to go with it with romaine lettuce, shredded parmesan and light caesar dressing.

YES!  Tell me that felt good! And I promise it will taste just as good!

THANK YOU THANK YOU  for STOPPING by my blog.    I would LOOOOVE to hear your comments and all about how YOUR cooking adventures went.

STAY TUNED FOR 'FIGHT NIGHT MENU WITH THE GUYS' AND 'EASTER POTATO DISH' THAT I WILL BE BRINGING TO MY MOM'S FOR EASTER DINNER!

How did yours turn out??

No comments:

Post a Comment