1

April 17, 2011

Grilled Jalapeno Burgers (Mild)



 
New!!  
Check out 'My Favorite Things' tabs!

Welcome to my blog and welcome back if you are a returning visitor!  I'd LOVE if you would stay awhile and click on 'follow' to become a follower!

Remember:  Recipes Posted Daily....so hopefully we will see you tomorrow!

So the sun is shining and Spring has Sprung today!  What a mood lifter and time to do some grillin'!  Today's menu holds in store for you.....Grilled Jalapeno Burgers!!  We make them on the mild side but looooove the taste of the Jalapeno and the kids ... gobble them up!  We paired it with some baked beans and left over couscous salad from last night.

Note:  If you would like a spicier Burger...add more Jalapeno!!!
 
Nutritional Info Per ServingONLY ABOUT 350 CALORIESl!!!
Preparation Time: About 15 minutes      
Cook Time:  About 10 minutes
Number of Servings: 4
                                                                                     

1 - pound of 96/4 Hamburger (super lean)
1/3 - cup Parmesan
1/4 - cup Jalapeno (canned)
1/4 - cup Jalapeno juice (from can)
1/3 - cup Italian Bread Crumbs
1 - Egg
1 - teaspoon Garlic Salt
1/2 - teaspoon Pepper
Pam cooking spray
4 - Whole Wheat Hamburger Buns
Your desired condiments (I use lettuce, tomato, red onion, pickles, ketchup and mustard)

Preheat grill to medium heat



Add together Hamburger, Parmesan, Jalapeno, Jalapeno juice, Italian Bread Crumbs, Egg, Garlic Salt and Pepper.  Mix thoroughly.  (Go ahead, break down and use your hands!)

Remember:  If you want a spicier than mild hamburger....add more Jalapeno or Jalapeno juice.  If made as recipe calls for, it will have some Jalapeno taste with a little bit of bite but tolerable for the kids.




The easiest way I have found to evenly separate the hamburger into fourths so you can make four burgers??  Pat it down evenly in the bottom of the bowl and make lines in half and then in half again as shown.  Makes it easier to know the approximate amount to form.









Now form into four patties.  I use wax paper to keep them separate but you don't need to.  You can just set them individually on a plate.













Alright, so now is the time I hand the buns, the patties, the Pam cooking spray and a spatula to my hubby and ask him to 'DO HIS THING' and grill to perfection!














Now is the time I usually make up my condiment plate.  I don't usually add cheese to these burgers because there is already some IN the hamburger and it helps keep the calories low without losing the taste.
















And then...we set the table.  It feels SO much like spring I went for a light springy type feel today.














And...the table setting.  (Silverware are IN the napkin and napkin ring)

















And then...a couple of beers, yes beers for my husband and I.  I normally prefer a glass of wine but beer with burgers seems fitting.  This beer is amazing!  The only one I like and one of my favorite things.  It enhances the flavor to garnish with an orange!

Note:  But they have 171 calories each!! Yikes!













And once again...you are DONE!  That simple...that easy!



THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN for visiting my blog.  I have some awesome things planned for the next few day and can't wait to show you!  I would LOOOOVE to hear your comments and all about how YOUR cooking adventures went.

STAY TUNED FOR 'FIGHT NIGHT MENU WITH THE GUYS' AND 'EASTER POTATO DISH' THAT I WILL BE BRINGING TO MY MOM'S FOR EASTER DINNER!
Goodnight and see you tomorrow!

9 comments:

  1. that looks yummy but sounds hot lol I can tolerate a little hot but not the keep on burning kind of hot,does it have more bite than mexican cornbread?
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. So what kind of beer was that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That beer is Blue Moon. Well Worth the calories! Thanks Megan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute baby! :-) Love those shades while chillin'.
    Thank you for participating in my weekly recipe swap. I love homemade hamburgers on the grill, so I appreciate the recipe. Beautiful table too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Delish! My family would love it. Thanks for joining my newbie party.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmmm... I love burgers and jalapenos. Now, I just need a grill. These look delicious and I love those dragonfly napkin rings. I'm following you from Homemaker on a Dime's blog hop. Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. MMMMMmmmmmm. Drool... Burgers & beer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amy & Melissa thanks so much for stopping by and glad you found me! They really were good...makes it feel more like summer is coming too!
    ~Heather

    ReplyDelete
  9. My husband's kind of recipe! Great job! Thank you for sharing this at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop :) I hope you'll join us again starting 5 pm this Sunday, PST.

    ReplyDelete