1

April 14, 2011

Garlic Roasted Potatoes with Turkey Sausage and Brown Rice


Welcome to my blog!  I give you a new recipe EVERY day so make sure to come back tomorrow! I would love for you to click on 'follow' and become a follower too!  I've had a great start with over 300 visits in just my first 2 days!  Thank you! Thank you!

What an icky...rainy...windy day...hmmmmm. Tonight, we are having Garlic Roasted Potatoes with Turkey Sausage and Brown Rice.  This dish was my way of combining a little bit of everything that each member in our family likes!  It's kind of a twist on my mom's roasted potatoes and my sister in laws roasted veggies....WE ADD TURKEY SAUSAGE (my son's favorite - that means he'll eat it)!!!! 

Nutritional Info Per ServingONLY ABOUT 500 CALORIES in the WHOLE meal!!!
Preparation Time: About 15 minutes                      
Cook Time:  30 minutes
Number of Servings:6
                                                                                     
1 - 14 oz link of Hillshire Farm Turkey Polska Kielbasa (fully cooked)
4 - medium potatoes
1/2 - sweet onion
1/2 - cup of carrots 
1 - cup broccoli
1 - cup cauliflower 
3 - garlic cloves, minced
1/4 - cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/4 - cup Balsamic Vinegar
2 - tablespoons of basil fresh or dried (I don't have any fresh on hand so I'm using dried)
Salt (I use Sea Salt)
Pepper (I use freshly ground because it makes a difference in the taste)
Prepared Brown Rice (for 6 servings)
Pam cooking spray

Preheat oven to 400 degrees
Cover two cooking sheets with tin foil (Helps with clean up...I promise!)
Spray tin foil/cooking sheets with Pam cooking spray


Grab a large bowl and add your Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Balsamic Vinegar






Then start chopping everything up!  I chop my potatoes into about 1 1/2 inch pieces.  
Try to keep everything around the same size so it cooks evenly but not too small or it will over cook.


Slice your sausage link into about 1/2 inch thick rounds.











Put your chopped potatoes, sausage, broccoli, carrots, onion and cauliflower into the oil & vinegar mixture you made in your large bowl.  Toss them to coat evenly.  (I use my hands to toss)



Immediately transfer the coated veggies to your prepared cooking sheets & discard excess oil/vinegar mixture.

















Evenly toss the minced garlic over the top of everything.
TIP:  If you turn your knife flat on top of the garlic clove and lightly pop down on it...the garlic skin will peel right off!











Sprinkle your basil evenly over everything.
Add Salt and Pepper to taste.  (Remember that it takes more salt to season potatoes)



Put your cooking sheets in the oven and cook for 30 minutes.  
I like to give it a toss once or twice while it's cooking.
TIP: Check potatoes to make sure they are done before you take it out of the oven

NOW IS THE TIME YOUR HOUSE STARTS TO SMELL REALLY REALLY GOOD AND MAKE EVERYONE HUNGRY!

Spread your prepared rice evenly onto a platter and top with your Garlic Roasted Potatoes with Sausage!  Presentation can make the biggest difference!



Nuuuummmmmy!  Perfection!  Dinner is SERVED!  
And ONCE AGAIN...I forgot to turn off the oven!  That's what husband's are for right??

Oh my goodness....I had a BIG boo boo too!  I left a towel on a burner that was still on...my husband found it, he's a firefighter....can you imagine what he said??  YIKES!!

I'D LOOOOOVE TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR COOKING ADVENTURES! LEAVE ME A COMMENT AND CLICK TO FOLLOW MY BLOG!  THANK YOU AND I HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL TOMORROW!

~Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment