1

April 13, 2011

Chicken Caesar Salad Sandwiches


So I had over 100 visitors today on my very first day!!  Woot! Woot!  And.... if you are new....Welcome to my Blog!  I'd love it if you would click on 'follow' to become a follower and share this site with all of your friends and family!  Enjoy!  Hope everybody is ready for this one!

These are soooooo good and not the same old thing!  My inspiration on these came from the fact that my kids only eat 'Caesar Salad' when it comes to salad, so we have it 5 or so times a week it seems.  I HAD to find a new twist for this soooooo..... picture this....the bread is the croutons and everything else fits in between!  My husband and I just add a couple things on OUR half!

Nutritional Info Per ServingAbout....350 calories & 10 grams of fat 
Preparation Time: About 15 minutes                               (not bad for dinner!)
Cook Time:  35-40 minutes (the chicken in the oven is most of it...could do it ahead??) 
Number of Servings: 4
                                                                                     
2 - Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
2 - tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Salt (I use Sea Salt)
Pepper (I use freshly ground because it makes a difference in the taste)
1  - Ciabatta bread loaf (our local store sells it in an approx 11x7 loaf so that's what i use)
Pam cooking spray
1 - whole garlic clove (peeled)
1/2 - cup of Lite Caesar Dressing
Romaine Lettuce (about 3 full leaves)
1/2 - cup Parmesan Cheese (I use shredded or shaved, whatever is on sale)
8 slices - Canadian Bacon (fully cooked)
1/4 - cup Sun dried tomato (My husband doesn't like tomatoes but he likes these!)



Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Spray cooking sheet with Pam cooking spray (I use tin foil first to help with clean up)
Place all three chicken breasts onto prepared sheet
Drizzle your Extra Virgin Olive Oil over the chicken
Sprinkle with Salt and Pepper
Bake for 35-40 minutes or until cooked through, set aside to cool
Slice into about 3 thick slices length wise to make a thick deli like slice of chicken breast



Cut Ciabatta bread loaf in half length wise like a sandwich
Place both halves of the Ciabatta bread open side facing up on a cookie sheet
Lightly spray each with Pam cooking spray
Place in oven (already heated at 350 degrees) for 3-5 minutes or until lightly toasted






Cut one tip off of garlic clove and rub the open end of garlic on the open face of each bread half










Spread half of your Lite Caesar Dressing on each half of bread
Start building your sandwich by placing your slices of chicken breast on the bottom half
Sprinkle your Parmesan evenly over the chicken
Place your Romaine Lettuce on top of your Chicken






Then....if you want...here's the part where we only put it on our half...

Place the 8 slices of Canadian Bacon evenly on top of the lettuce
Spread out your sun dried tomatoes evenly on top of your Canadian Bacon
Finish off your sandwich with  the top half of your bread



Cut into fourths to make four sandwiches


Ooooooo La Laaa!  Your Done!  Enjoy your Chicken Caesar Salad Sandwich!

Remember to turn off your oven too....I always forget and my husband has to come in and ask "Honey....are you done with the oven?"


I'D LOOOOOVE TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR COOKING ADVENTURES! LEAVE ME A COMMENT AND CLICK TO FOLLOW MY BLOG!  THANK YOU AND I HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL TOMORROW!

~Heather

7 comments:

  1. These look delicious! I also love sundried tomatoes!

    Good luck with the new blog, it is so much fun... I also like to let new bloggers know their is a fun newbie blog linky party every monday at Debbie Doos, it is a really fun, I loved to participate great ways to make friends.

    http://debbie-debbiedoos.blogspot.com/

    Excited to follow along with you on your new journey!

    Carlee
    www.ladybirdln.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice blog you have here! Glad I stumbled on it while blog hopping!
    I'm your newest follower. Good luck on your new blog! Do drop by Pinay In Texas Cooking Corner if you have time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great start on your new blog, Heather. I found you through Carlee's blog at Ladybird Ln., and I'm following you. Wishing you all the best for this blog. Blogging is so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm new at blogging also and I know it's fun to get new followers. I also love to be in the kitchen, but I don't make very healthy dishes. Mine are full of butter, sugar, and all things delicious. I posted right below you at DebbieDoos and thought I would check out your brand new blog. Keep those recipes coming.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will definitely be trying this. We love Chicken Caesar Salad, & then you add Ciabatta bread, Wow! I can't seem to get enough of wonderful blogs mainly devoted to cooking & recipes because that's something I really enjoy. I am a new follower & would love to have you follow back. I would also like to post about your blog on my post today. Every Sunday, I try to post about some "New to Me" blogs. Actually, I just started doing this last Sunday, but you've gotta start somewhere, right? With your permission, I would like to use the photo of your Caesar Sandwich as part of the post about your blog. I won't post it until I hear from you. I think it just makes the info I'm sharing much more interesting than just a link to your blog. Anyway, let me know.
    CAS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much everyone for stopping in! It's been a fun week with a great start and I appreciate all your thoughts! I look forward to following each of you to see what new things you have in store!
    ~Heather

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw your sandwich posted on someone's sidebar and said to myself, "YUM! I am going over to check that out!" ;)
    This sandwich recipe looks delicious, thanks for sharing!
    Best,
    Gloria
    P.S. I am going now to become your newest Follower. :)

    ReplyDelete