1

April 16, 2011

Baked Salmon with Feta & Couscous Salad



 New!!  
Check out my Gardening, Decorating & My Favorite Things tabs!

Welcome to my blog and welcome back if you are a returning visitor!  I'd LOVE if you would stay awhile and click on 'follow' to become a follower!

Remember:  Recipes Posted Daily....so hopefully we will see you tomorrow!

So today is an icky yucky rainy day and I am in MAJOR need of some sunshine!  To top it all off I spent a large part of my day doing taxes!  Yikes!  Nothing like waiting until the last minute.
Anyway, tonight's recipe is Baked Salmon with Feta & Couscous Salad! I can get my little brother over here for dinner with VERY little notice when I make Salmon...cracks me up!  It's super good and super healthy....but I'll be totally honest here.  It took me awhile to get my kids to eat this meal.  I just keep re-introducing it though and they eat more and more each time.  Enjoy....I would LOVE to have your 'comment' and hear how you liked it!!
 
Nutritional Info Per ServingONLY ABOUT 450 CALORIESl!!!(with the salad)
Preparation Time: About 15 minutes             
Cook Time:  About 30 minutes
Number of Servings:4 for the fish but you will have left over Couscous Salad for lunch!
                                                                                     
Salmon:
1 - 1 pound fillet of Salmon (I usually buy the tail end because there likely isn't any bones)
2 - tablespoons of your favorite seafood seasoning
2 - tablespoons of fat free feta cheese
1 - tablespoon of parmesan cheese
2 - tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
Pam cooking spray

Couscous Salad:
1 - cup of chicken stock
3/4 - cup couscous
2 - teaspoons of cumin
1/2 - finely chopped spinach
1/4 - cup craisins
1 - cup garbanzo beans/chick peas
1/4 - cup fat free feta cheese
2 - garlic cloves, minced
1/4 - cup of toasted walnuts
2 - tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Salt (I use Sea salt)
Pepper

Preheat Oven to 400 degrees



Line your broiler pan with tin foil and spray with Pam cooking spray
Place your salmon fillet on prepared pan.
Evenly coat your salmon with the 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil. 
Sprinkle your favorite seafood seasoning evenly over the salmon fillet

Note:  Check out the My Favorite Things tab for MY FAVORITE SEAFOOD SEASONING!  You won't be sorry!
Add both your feta and parmesan cheese evenly over the salmon and bake for about 25 minutes.  This cooking time can vary according to how thick your fillet is.



Add chicken stock and cumin to a medium sized pot and bring to a boil.
















Remove liquid from heat and add your couscous.  Cover and let sit for 5-7 minutes. 
 
Note: Couscous is actually tiny little pieces of pasta...so it's kind of like making a pasta salad. I usually buy it in the bulk section of my grocery store so I can use it whenever.



Once the couscous is done, transfer it to a serving bowl and add your spinach, craisins, garbanzo beans, feta cheese, garlic, toasted walnuts, salt and pepper.  Toss.  Drizzle your 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil and toss again. 

  Now...While your waiting let's set the table!  Trying new things at the table with different color schemes can make it fun and even more appetizing to sit down to dinner!  Here is our table this evening!



Time for dinner!  Whooooo hooo!  That was super EASY and super FAST!  Plus it's full of several of the 'super foods' so it's really good for you!


I'M SO GLAD YOU ARE HERE FOR THIS RECIPE!  SEE YOU TOMORROW AND HAVE A GREAT NIGHT!

2 comments:

  1. Going to try your Couscous, it looks Delicious ..
    Great Site Heather good luck with it..
    Lou

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Lou...that's great! Can't even wait to hear what you think! It is one of my VERY favorites! Enjoy!
    ~Heather

    ReplyDelete